Sunday 15 January 2012

Review: "Closets are for Clothes"

Closets are for Clothes: A History of Queer AustraliaClosets are for Clothes: A History of Queer Australia by Rachel Cook
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Black Dog Books is a fundamentally fabulous Australian publisher. Like Kudos for television, I can pretty much assume that if Black Dog is publishing a book, it's worth reading.

"Closets are for Clothes" was great. It's non-fiction at the middle-grades to young adult level, and a really well-done overview of queer history in Australia. There wasn't anything in it that particularly surprised me, but then again, I've done History of Sexualities and always been interested in this area. But as a basic intro to Australian Queer History I would *definitely* recommend this one.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read to encourage tolerance. Thanks for sharing it

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete