As a queer (part-)Australian woman who reads (and writes), this is awesome! (I just wish I'd known about it sooner.)
I am, as usual, in the middle of multiple books right now. (Goodreads shows the following:
- Passage to Pontefract
- Sarah's Key
- Joanna: the notorious Queen of Naples
- Three Strong Women
- Four Queens: the Provencal sisters who ruled Europe
- Crown of Slaves
- The Kingmaker's Daughter
- Where the Streets Had a Name
- Little Black Bastard)
- Ghost Wife, by Michelle Diconowski - I picked it up last year but didn't read it.
- Her Sister's Eye, by Vivienne Cleven
- something by Katherine Howell (whatever I'm up to in her series right now)
- something by Melissa Lucaschenko
- Act of Faith, by Kelly Gardiner - which I've been meaning to read absolutely for ever. Like, since before it was published when Kelly Gardiner was telling us about it at a YA librarians event at the State Library.