Wednesday 12 February 2020

Wednesday Reads - 12/02/2020



What I’ve just finished reading:
Nothing. I didn’t get as much reading time over the weekend as I’d kind of hoped, and everything I’m reading at the moment is big and chunky.

What I’m reading now:
Still working on Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo and Anne Boleyn: A King’s Obsession by Alison Weir. See last week’s post for details.

What’s catching my eye on the TBR:
I’ve decided to change the title of this section because I don’t like tying myself down the way I feel “what I’ll read next” sometimes does? For this month it’s fine, because I set a fairly concrete reading intention and want to see it through, but in general, I work more fluidly than that, and need the flexibility…

I’ve mentally added the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn, or at least the first of them, to the TBR. I blame my wife. She was asking whether she should read them prior to the Netflix series coming out, and while I know the books won’t be her thing, it did pique my interest enough that I checked whether I’ll be able to get the first one from the library. Which I can. In March. Not before.

Also Melissa De La Cruz’s Something In Between. Which I’ve been meaning to read for ages. I saw a copy of Someone to Love in the bookstore, and that reminded me that I still have Something in Between to read.

Finally, today on Twitter, Tara Scott linked her review of 96 Hours by Georgia Beers, which… f/f romance set in Gander, Newfoundland among the plane people? Yes, PLEASE. (Although it had better be well-researched.)

No comments:

Post a Comment