Tuesday 9 June 2015

Juneblog #4 - a read/re-read challenge

This was sort of buried in my post about Halfway Across the Galaxy, so I'm putting it out again here and will tweet it and see if anyone joins me.

Speaking of re-reads:  I've (just) decided to do one new read and one re-read of Australian YA Spec Fic this month, and I'd love for you to join me.

My new read is going to be The Disappearance of Ember Crow, second in Ambelin Kwaymullina's awesome Tribe trilogy.  If you haven't read the first, The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf, you really must!  Because it's amazing.  (I don't yet know whether you need to have read it before Ember in order to make sense. 

My re-read is going to be Galax-Arena, by Gillian Rubenstein.  It's currently $5 on Kindle, so you can all join in, even if you're living on the other side of the world.  I'm really hoping it lives up to my memories of it.  If it doesn't I'll be devastated - but I will also have killed a bogeyman in the process.

I'm going to do spoiler and non-spoiler posts for both of these: hopefully the non-spoiler post for Galax-Arena will go up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment